Feb 10, 2006
Thanking my YEFC and YNLC families
It does not matter how long you have been with people before you can say that they can truly be your friends for life. God is really so good in sending my YEFC and YNLC families in Yangon to my side during the saddest and trying moments of my life. I will always be thankful for their prayers, for their patience, for all the help, for the joy and laughter. I would always be proud of you and tell your kindnesses to my family and other friends.
Posted at 04:23 pm by tsm387
Jan 4, 2006
A New Beginning
It was one Sunday in September, 2003 when Jonathan invited me to attend YEFC at Sedona. But it was only last January 1, 2006, after church service, that I expressed my intention to be baptized. Yesterday night (Jan. 3), Pastor Song presided over the baptismal rites at Blazon. My closest church friends were there to witness the event. I was so overwhelmed for their support and they truly made this important event more special and meaningful with their presence. As for me, my happiness is undescribable as I know that I am starting a new and proper direction for my life.
Posted at 05:53 pm by tsm387
Dec 28, 2005
Through it All
When I decided to leave the Philippines for an overseas post, I asked myself - am I in the right state of mind?, is this a good move?... I was already happy and contented that time, but I decided to give up all the luxuries I was enjoying. All my close friends were wondering how I could survive, all but 1 tried to discourage me, and that only 1 was even my closest friend who later can't recall that he told me to go ahead and accept the job. Definitely I wasn't in it for the money because what I gave up was worth more than I got. I was sacrificing myself for me to change, to try if I really could survive on my own, a daring experiment of how it is to be away from my parents and close friends, so that I could be ready for events that will ultimately happen. I chose to leave, rather than be the one that was left behind, and that was 4 years ago.
My recent Manila trip gave me time to think why is God allowing the changes that I am going through right now with regard to the place where I chose to be in, and to make things more difficult, why do I have to encounter personal problems at this time. I have thought of punishing myself. In my loneliest moments, I felt that I was on death row, without having had the chance to make a last wish. I tried to make joy out of misery by having more time with old & new friends knowing that every minute spent might not be repeated or equalled, but it turned out to be misunderstood by some. Was I not good enough or was I too good. Quite a number of people have already told me, everything happens for a reason, and I should not be held liable for things that I cannot control.
If I already served my mission, if I already achieved what I was searching for, and if people can do without me, then I am done. It is better I should bear the pain, than to be the pain for someone else. And through all of these, though tears may still fall, I pray that God will always be at my side and eventually open a new door for me which I truly deserve. As for now, when I am back in Manila, I have my family and some true friends who I can count on...even the wag of my pet dog's tail is a sign that it's not the end of the world after all.
Posted at 06:02 pm by tsm387
Nov 9, 2005
I have already told many people of how the numbers 316 appeared in memorable moments of my life:
1. Rm.316 of the Commerce bldg. is where I took my entrance exam for my preferred course to take up in college.
2. Rm.316 of the Commerce bldg. is where I took my qualifying exam for my preferred major in my course. This gave me the confidence that I would make the cut-off as I had previously passed my entrance exam in the same room 2 years earlier.
3. 3/16 of the year 1991 is when I took the entrance exam for my masters course. This again gave me hope that I would pass even if during the whole day exam, I experienced quite a number of fainting spells.
4. Rm.316 is the room of the apartment where I am staying now. I did not give a room no. as preference when I was looking for a place to transfer. I was only seeking the cheapest place I can find and I was told that the only available room which I can transfer to is that of 415. But at the last minute, before I finally moved in, I requested to take a look again at the room so I can plan where to put my personal belongings, and it was a big surprise to me that I was being led to room 316, and upon inquiry, I learned that it was vacant.
It has been so long that I only associated the numbers 316 on either a room number or a date because my associated experiences happened unexpectedly and unplanned. But today, I was reading the bible verse in my blogsite (it is automatically generated from the website it is linked to), I came across this: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (KJV).
Now, I realized that I don't have to depend on a 316 to have a lucky room or date. What I have is God's words and it is in believing in Him that I will get through all the things that come my way.
Posted at 02:15 pm by tsm387
Oct 1, 2005
Happy Anniversary to SAFI
Today is SAFI's 14th anniversary. Through the years, so many employees have been part of its expansion and streamlining. Having been part of its pioneering team (from Acres & Acres), it was a great 10 year-experience (1991-2001) growing with the company. Let me share with you my fondest memories with 10 (alphabetically arranged) past and present employees of the company:
- her smile makes her look young. Always happy and seemingly worry-free, she doesn't look like a mother. We once celebrated her birthday by the breakwater at the back of Folk Arts Theatre and had fun doing charades using pictionary words. But later on, the security told us not to be noisy, so we came up with the phrase: "Huwag kayong maingay, may naglalaba!"
2. Ever - she was my "Ever" loyal chinese assistant who does not know how to speak chinese. She prefers to be with a filipino group where she could be noticed above the rest, instead of being with fellow chinese, where she would look ordinary. Among the many interviews I had with applicants, I lost track of time when I was interviewing her because she was nice to talk with. She was one of those who dried my tears during the trying times of my life-when I suddenly felt so alone and she was instrumental in giving me a new set of young friends-together with Carmi, Pearly, & Orchid.
3. Sir GDR - he was the answer to my prayer when I asked from God to give me my first employer with whom I can work for the rest of my life. Though I was tagged as one of GDR's angels, I had my share of sermons from him, specially when I was struggling to finish my MBA course. Although pinamigay nya na ako (which was a surprise to Mam Nani), I know that he will always be there for me wherever I may be. Thanks always for your invitations to SAFI events.
- she is one of my closest friends who I often abused for her patience to me. She often helped me in my MBA reports, that she ought to have an honorary MBA degree. She was also brave enough to be my first passenger when I was just learning how to drive, but initially, I had to drop her off only until the Q.C. elliptical circle where she still needed another ride to go to Proj. 6. I had the privilege of wearing the most daring gown I had worn in my entirely life (backless down until the waistline) when she chose me to be the candle sponsor at her wedding (which I couldn't refuse anymore coz she showed me how the gown looked like/gave the gown to me, only the night before). I even got to catch the bridal bouquet, I wonder lang why until now, it didn't had the magic spell..hehe.
5. Kristine - I know I had the right applicant for my audit group when she told me during the interview that she is always an early bird to the office. It was a loss to me that she was taken in at the Office of the President. But with her good work habits, and pleasing personality, I knew she would come a long way and I will always be proud of her.
6. Melanie - we had so many ups and downs, pero in the end, I know that she is a true friend for life. If you're the underdog, you can count on her to be on your side. Meticulous, smart, and her ability to find answers to queries, makes her truly deserving of what she is right now. Through her, I can convert Sir GDR's room to be my nap area, and use his fax machine and his toilet room, when he is out of the office, of course.
- once I had this ability to know how many kids one will have through the use of a needle hanging by a thread and stuck to a pencil's eraser, I told her she would have lots of boys after her first born that was a girl. Ang tagal kong hinintay to be one of her kumares, finally, I was chosen to be ninang to her youngest son, at a time that she is no longer with the accounting group. Though I have not spent much time with my inaanak Bokik, I hope I can get the chance soon to act as a good ninang.
- we had fun when she was courted by her ex- kasi we were included in the gift list. I was surprised but happy for her when eventually, my audit assistant courted/married her. After gimmicks, she was the only one that I cannot give a ride home because she lived in San Pedro, Laguna then.
9. Pearly - through Ever, she became my barkada, assistant, and eventually kumare. Often misunderstood by some, but actually she is the best assistant that one could ever have for she is very efficient, fast learner, helpful, and most especially, hardworking for her superior. She helped me learn how to use Excel when Lotus 123 was removed from our computers.
- as I have mentioned in my friendster testimonial to her, she is the Ina ng Saklolo. She is full of talent-she is the best cook, adviser, and athletic, mahirap nga lang mahagilap because of her busy sked. She is a great source of tikoy and RTW. Her office cubicle could easily be converted to a tsismis corner, illegal assembly venue, sleeping area, or business center.
Till next year's SAFI anniversary, watch out for my featured next 10.
Posted at 07:37 pm by tsm387
Sep 7, 2005
Breaking the Silence
Some of you might be wondering what I have been up to. Last month, I had the chance to attend a finance seminar. Also, our company’s new Board of Directors and other executives visited us in Yangon. Currently, we are being audited by a representative of our Manila office and attending to month-end reports. But while I am keeping up with my work dutifully, let me share with you some of my personal adventures and realizations -
1. What’s the thing I have not been doing right – the way I pray
2. What’s keeping me awake at night - watching the US Open live
3. What’s the coolest place I checked out – a great disco hangout that’s only 2 km. away from where I live
4. What’s piling up in my room – lots of clothes to iron
5. What’s the latest Pinoy movie I can watch over and over – Can This Be Love
6. What’s the song that’s easy for me to sing with friends but difficult for me to sing in public – Isang Lahi with actions
7. What’s the item that is nearing expiry in my kitchen cabinet – juice powder
8. What’s the footwear that I like best nowadays – Burmese slippers with sequins
9. What’s good for my health – regular exercise
10.What’s the best compliment I received lately – I look thinner! (agree na lang kayo..hehe)
Posted at 06:40 pm by tsm387
Jul 16, 2005
Why Do I Always Dream?
Some people say that it is good if you dream when sleeping because that means that you are in a deep sleep so you are able to rest well. But I think there is more to that, so it seems, for in my case, dreams are useful in so many ways.
If I miss somebody so much, I would wake up so happy when I am able to see that person in a good dream. When I dream of anyone, it really feels like I am really with them so this is the type of dream I like best. If I suddenly wake up, I try to sleep again, hoping to have that dream continue, and sometimes it works.
If my dreams contain some objects, I immediately search it in my dream book. Based on my experience, my reference has a 80% accuracy. Sometimes, I am really amazed that if there are numerous objects in my dream, my dream book gives a similar interpretation to all these dream symbols, and they turn out to be true, sooner or later.
More often my dreams are in black and white. But sometime last week, my dream suddenly shifted to full color. It was like watching a movie.
So what makes me dream a lot? Worries, so many things in my mind, longing for something, missing someone. It may be due to any of these, but I also regard dreams as a means of warning me of something to come..something to happen in the near future. I have been praying to God to give me a sign, so it may be easier for me to accept my fate, my destiny, His plan for me. If He has answered my prayers through these dreams, then I would not only have a good night's rest always, but it will make me stronger to face my life ahead.
Posted at 05:13 pm by tsm387
Jul 5, 2005
If a dog was the teacher you would learn stuff like:
1. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
2. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
3. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
4. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
5. Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
6. Take naps.
7. Stretch before rising.
8. Run, romp, and play daily.
9. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
10. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
11. On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
12. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
13. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
14. No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout.
15. Run right back and make friends.
16. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
17. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
18. Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
19. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
20. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
Posted at 08:19 pm by tsm387
My Nephew's 1st stint at the UAAP
This coming July 9, 2005, my nephew James (by my brother Danny), will have his playing debut as a guard playing under the UE Red Warriors on UAAP's 68th season. The following is a portion of a cover story taken from the UAAP website:
Another acquisition that will form part of the Red Warriors future is San Beda High School sensation James Martinez, a natural 2-guard that has a great shooting touch and has lost unnecessary weight to add quickness and more agility to his game.
The opening ceremony of UAAP's 68th season will start at 1 p.m. at the Big Dome, with the first basketball match starting at 2 p.m. where UST will play against UP. The 2nd match at 4 p.m will have UE playing against FEU. There will be a live telecast on ABS-CBN's channel 23.
Hope my friends in the Philippines (and possibly in the US who has a Filipino channel) would be able to watch how my nephew who is 5'9" in height, excels in his chosen sport.
Posted at 08:12 pm by tsm387
Jul 2, 2005
A Doggie Mousetrail
To all my visitors: There is no problem with your mouse. You may move your mouse sideways, up, down, or circular motion, whatever you do with it, my elastic dog will stick with you. Hope you enjoy playing with it.
Posted at 07:51 pm by tsm387
From the Bible:
Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. Psalm 41:1-2 (KJV)
I Will Be Here
(click on arrow to hear the music)
If you have at least one close friend in your life, you need not worry. It is assuring to know that someone will always be there for you.
To my family and friends-a promise I will keep--I will be here for you as you have been there for me.
As Francis Bacon said: Friendship doubles joys and reduces sorrows by half.
ALL ABOUT ME
Colors-Blue and Green
Foreign actor-Keanu Reeves, Harrison Ford
Foreign actress-Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst, Sandra Bullock
Animal moviestar-Airbud, Paulie, Andre
Cartoon character-Snoopy, Scooby Doo
Foreign movie-Legally Blonde, E.T., Jack Ryan series
Animal movie-Andre, Airbud, Beethoven
Animated movie-Beauty and the Beast, Shrek
Broadway play-Beauty and the Beast, Lion King
Filipino food-Adobong baboy, Kare-kare
Japanese food-Salmon, Shrimp tempura
Pasta-Spaghetti al Pesto
Desert-Creme brulee, Black forest cakeCANINE CELEBRITIESAIRBUD - Basketball
AIRBUD - Baseball
Other Bloggers (click on the name to view the weblog)
My Favorite Oishi Snackfood:
BASTA'T KASAMA KITA - By: Dingdong Avanzado
Like this music? Grab 'em at MP3-Codes.com!